All over Auckland working bees are happening with the community taking the lead on climate solutions. There are almost 6000 work parties registered world wide. Find out about the huge number of events in Auckland here to get involved in a fun familyday of action.
Where do you plan to be? At Shed 1 , 101 Halsey Street, Viaduct Harbour from 10am – 4pm you can take part in two different work parties
Come along to:
- Plant a seed to take home
- See creative container gardening displays
- Hear from experienced urban gardeners
- Learn about how you can upcycle materials for a truly environmentally friendly garden
- Win prizes
- + more!
Bring the kids. We’re planning some fun activities
Between 10am and 4pm this Sunday 10th October Shed 1, 101 Halsey Street on Auckland’s stunning Viaduct Harbour there is a huge fix-up happening and a whole lot more:
- Get your wheels going with Tumeke Cycle Space volunteers (Pros will be on hand to give free service assessments for bikes that can’t be fixed on the day)
- Give your bike a polish at the clean up station
- Join a skills workshop to make your riding comfortable, safe and trouble free – full programme and timetable available here
- Get your bike feeling right. One-on-one consultations throughout the day with bike-fit expert to make sure you’re comfortable on your bike (from 11am)
- Activities for the kids including Bike Deck Out station and cycling training
- Take a city bike for a test ride – Free Nextbikes to try
- Got a bike to donate? – bring it down to the shed so it finds a new home with a refugee family
- Come for a spin around the Viaduct and Queens Wharf with leisurely bikes rides leaving at 11, 1pm and 3pm
- Or just hang out and enjoy the tunes provided by DJ Craig!
Tonzu sausage sizzle and Kokako Organic refreshments available at the venue in support of the Grey Lynn School cycle trail project. All Good bananas will be handing out fairtrade bananas between 11- 2pm.
The Big Bike Fix up has been made possible with support from the Road Safety Team Auckland City Council, Cycle Action Auckland, Tumeke Cycle Space, Adventure Cycles, T.Whites Bikes, Nextbikes, AvantiPlus Waitakere, Cycle Store and Castles Marquee Hire.
Find an action near you or start your own one. Over 6500 now registered worldwide http://www.350.org/en/map#/map/-36.847385/174.765735/10