Grey Lynn 2030 Week: Sunday 21 March – Saturday 27 March 2010
The inaugural Grey Lynn 2030 Week starts this Sunday with a full programme of diverse, inspiring, original and fun events & activities. There is something for everyone – all happening locally.
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Bring the kids along after school to a tour of Kelmarna Organic City Farm or Lynda Hallinan’s local urban garden
- Mark World Water Day and support Oxfam at an exclusive screening of Tapped the movie at TAPAC
- Try something new with an introduction to meditation class
- Celebrate the Autumn Equinox
- Treat yourself to a cycle (or carpool!) tour of local artist studios
- Find out how to raise chooks in your own backgarden on a walking tour
- Learn how to save money and water with Laurie Dee at the Grey Lynn Farmers Market
- Visit our local community gardens
- Enjoy the last of our summer evenings with family and friends at the West Lynn Street Party & Twilight Market
Check out the full programme here. Everything is free except the movie fundraiser on Monday night in support of Oxfam.
And check out the new event that Ooooby has added to the Week to make the neighbourhood look more attractive and highlight the importance of access to local food – a Flashmob Berm Bomb! (guerilla gardening on Saturday night)