Saturday 19th November 9.30am – 5.30pm
For the last 2 years Grey Lynn 2030 has hosted the Eco-space at the Festival. Located around a huge teepee the Eco- space is a village of groups that share a sustainability, community and local focus.
This year we will be joined in the Eco-space by:
- Kelmarna gardens and Framework Trust
- Grey Lynn Farmers Market
- Tumeke Cycle Space, the community bike maintenance group, who will be bringing their famous bike powered smoothie machine
- Carol Downer, local professional beekeeper and her hives (Carol’s honey is on sale at the Grey Lynn Farmers’ Market every Sunday)
- Our sister transition community of Mount Eden Village People.
- Grey Lynn Business Association promoting a new Grey Lynn Neighbourhood Watch initiative
- Grey Lynn Community Centre
- Grey Lynn 2030 Waste Away
- Auckland Community Zero Waste Alliance – Waste minimisation display
- Toi Ora Arts Trust
- Mexi – Kai truck
The interior of the teepee will be transformed into a comfortable, tranquil place to chill in away from the festival crowds. Drop by the Eco- space to relax, find out more about sustainable living and how to get involved locally.