We are celebrating all the positive things going on in our community with a week long programme of events. Regular Grey Lynn features such as the Farmers Market and Green Screen are included together with exciting new activities and a local approach to marking the international World Water Day and Earth Hour. A highlight of the week is the West Lynn Street Party & Twilight Market on Thursday 25th March.
Check out the full schedule of events here.
There is something for everyone – all happening locally.
- Bring the kids along after school to a tour of Kelmarna Organic City Farm or Lynda Hallinan’s local urban garden
- Mark World Water Day with a special showing of Tapped the movie at TAPAC
- Try something new with an introduction to meditation
- Celebrate the Autumn Equinox
- Treat yourself to a tour of local artist studios
- Find out how to raise chooks in your own backgarden
- Learn how to save money and water with Laurie Dee
- Visit local community gardens
- Enjoy the last of our summer evenings with family and friends at the West Lynn Street Party & Twilight Market
- Leave the car at home
- Walk/cycle to school & work and for all local trips
- Compost (Waste Away can show you how)
- Check out further actions you can take here
And if you are driving in residential zones we like to think Grey Lynn is 20-30kms!
Want to get involved?
Volunteers & event listings: Contact Pippa (firstname.lastname@example.org/mob 021 926 618)
Twilight Market: Contact Paul (email@example.com)
Musicians and performers for the Street Party: Contact Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Grey Lynn 2030 Waste Away group: email@example.com
General enquiries: Greylynn2030@gmail.com
Grey Lynn 2030 Week on Facebook