11am – 12 midday COMPOSTING WORKSHOP and TOUR OF WILTON STREET COMMUNITY GARDEN
Meet the gardeners, check out the community compost, worm farm, bee hive and garden at Wilton Street Community Garden. Sit under the trees and enjoy the garden.
12 midday – Break for lunch and time to check out Grey Lyn Farmers’ Market
12.30 pm COMMUNITY GARDENS TOUR
- 12.30 – Assemble Wilton Street Community Garden (WSCG)
- 12 .35 – 12.40pm – Walk to Grey Lynn Community Garden (GLCG)
- 12.40 – 1.00 – Tour of GLCG & St Columba Church Garden Labyrinth.
- 1.00 – 1.30 – Walk together to Kelmarna Gardens.
- 1.30 – 2.00 – Tour of Kelmarna Gardens & bee demonstration with prize winning New Zealand bee keeper Carol Downer.
- 2.00 pm – Depart Kelmarna & return to WSCG for BBQ.
2.30 pm onwards – Afternoon BBQ and picnic party at WSCGarden to celebrate the end of Grey Lynn Creates
Share the event on Facebook
Part of Grey Lynn Creates: a week-long festival of artistic, cultural, culinary and environmental events.
Celebrating creativity and sustainability in our community.
Visit greylynncreates.co.nz for details
A Grey Lynn 2030 event, part of the Real NZ Festival supported by NZ Lottery Board