Everybody from our neighbourhood is cordially invited to participate in the nationally celebrated “Neighbours Day” event which promotes good relationships between neighbours. A range of fun activities such as music, dance, art and culture workshops, picnic in the park, markets and food are being planned.
Javier Egusquiza from the Neighbours Day Grey Lynn Community group and Ambassador for Grey Lynn is helping organize this event with the support of Neighbours Day Aotearoa (www.neighboursday.org.nz).
The theme of this year’s Neighbour’s Day is to link and encourage neighbours to meet each other and enjoy socializing together in a friendly and spontaneous way. Thank you to “Ponsonby News” to help promote this event and make it successful and we hope not only ensure that we have another Neighbours Day event next year but one also which has better planning and funding.
EVENTS IN GREY LYNN AND WEST LYNN
Saturday 28TH MARCH
- To the Castle Art Exhibition (open all day) at 3 Castle Street, Grey Lynn
- Picnic in Francis Reserve with the “Umbrella Parade” if it rains (for families and neighbours). People are responsible for themselves (i.e. take and/or recycle rubbish, maintain safe practices etc).
- 11.30am-2.00pm Grey Lynn Library host “kids time”
- BBQ in your street to meet neighbours and enjoy the party
Sunday 29th MARCH
- “To the Castle” continues (see Javier Egusquiza Zumaeta facebook for details)
- “Jam and Toast” hosted by Grey Lynn Community Centre 510 Richmond Rd (www.greylynn.org.nz) for further information
- Grey Lynn Farmers Market – organic produce (www.glfm.co.nz)
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the Neighbours Day Aotearoa website (www.neighboursday.org.nz)
Contact Javier Egusquiza: 0211004309, firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Neighbours Day Community Group https://www.facebook.com/neighboursdaygreylynncg
Local Organisations: Citizens Advice Bureau, Grey Lynn Business Association, Grey Lynn Residents Association, Grey Lynn Law Centre, Community Police and Grey Lynn Library. Call Grey Lynn Library for more details