AWAKENING THE DREAMER, CHANGING THE DREAM SYMPOSIUM
Working Locally as Global Citizens.
Who we can be, and what we can do at this point in history has never been so significant and exciting.
Here is a short video [4:24] you can watch that explains the Symposium Initiative
Here are specific details about the Saturday the 20th event including registration:
Designed with the collaboration of some of the finest scientific, indigenous and activist minds in the world, the Symposium explores the current state of our planet from a new perspective, and connects participants with a powerful global movement to reclaim our future. Over 50 Symposium have been held since it was first held in New Zealand in June of last year. This Symposium is part of a global initiative to bring forth an environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilled, and socially just human presence on this planet.
This is an invitation to you to participate in a half day (four hour) program on Saturday afternoon, 20th June 2009 called the “Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream” Symposium.
The invitation is open to people interested in local action who want to operate with a global vision. In particular, the invitation is extended to people
· Who are part of or connected with Pt Chevalier and surrounding communities
· Who are active citizens in their organisations or community and want to take a fresh (and transformative!) view of our world.
The Symposium will be led by Crea Land, Carl Chenery and Maya Nova – local facilitators of the initiative.
Details of the Symposium
· Date/Time: Saturday 20th June 2009. Please arrive 12.45pm for 1 pm start. Symposium held from 1.00 pm to 5.00pm.
· Afternoon tea provided
· Venue: The Old Homestead Community Hall, which is the large building behind 92 Pt Chevalier Rd, Pt Chevalier.
· Cost: A koha is welcomed.
· Children: A member of the Transition Town Pt. Chevalier group, Finn Mackesy, will be offering activities for children 5 years and over.
Registration: Please register online or email Yolanda: email@example.com
For more information: